City offices closed again
Find contact information here
November 20, 2020
As a result of the spike in Covid-19 cases in this area, public access to Cloquet City Hall and other city facilities was suspended starting Wednesday, Nov. 18. The city will still offer all core services, including police, public works, building and zoning permits, inspections and applications and more.
City administrator Tim Peterson said the closure will inconvenience some residents, but city officials believe the decision is in the best interest of the community as a whole. The city has also struggled with staff missing work due to either being sick or having to quarantine, so closing City Hall will also help with that.
Staff will still be working, either from home or in their offices. Front office staff will continue to answer phones, along with the finance and other city departments. City council meetings will continue to be conducted virtually and livestreamed on the city website at http://www.cloquetmn.gov. They also appear on the CAT-7 cable access channel.
Here’s how to contact various city departments:
• City Hall, general inquiries: 218-879-3347 or [email protected]
• Cloquet police: Call 911 for emergencies, or 218-384-4185 for non-emergencies. For permits, ATV licenses and other services call 218-879-1247.
• Public works, including sewer and water: Call 218-879-6758 during normal business hours and 218-624-0391 for emergencies after hours. During the pandemic, the city has suspended disconnections for residential customers.
• Library: To request materials, use the online catalog at cloquetlibrary.org, call 218-879-1531 during curbside pickup hours, or email [email protected]
• Finance: Payments can be deposited into the drop box on the US Bank frontage road or mailed to City Hall at 101 14th St., Cloquet MN 55720. Utility payments can be made via phone at 877-885-7968 or online at cloquetmn.gov. Call 218-879-3844 with billing questions.
• Building and Zoning: Call 218-879-3347 to schedule inspections, questions or to make payment arrangements. Contact building official Matt Munter directly at 218-391-3745.