County levy set with 2% increase
January 1, 2021
Despite an 8-percent increase in health insurance costs, the Carlton County Board of Commissioners approved the smallest property tax levy increase in years on Monday, voting to set it just 2 percent higher than last year.
The levy for 2021 will raise $28,790,977 through property taxes.
Following are some of the ways the levy will be allocated:
• $8.2 million for public health and human services;
• $3.67 million for roads and bridges;
• $3.46 million for the sheriff’s office;
• $2.5 million for the county jail;
• $2 million for community corrections;
• $1.36 million for th...