League sets winter tourney schedule
February 12, 2021
The Minnesota State High School League Board of Directors on Thursday approved a tentative plan for winter state tournaments, with many of those events being held several weeks later than usual to end the pandemic-affected season.
Among the changes, state quarterfinals for high school hockey and basketball will take place in the last week of March.
Boys and girls hockey semifinals and championship games will be held at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul on April 1-3. Boys and girls basketball semifinals and title games will be played at Target Center in Minneapolis April 6-10.
Among other winter sports and activities:
• State alpine and Nordic skiing meets are now set for March 10 and 12 at Giants Ridge in Biwabik.
• Dance state competitions are March 12-13 at Edina High School.
• Boys swimming and diving state meet is March 18-20 at the University of Minnesota.
• Wrestling state tournament is March 25-27 at a site to be determined.
• Gymnastics state meet is March 26-27 at Champlin Park High School.
The tournament dates are subject to change. Updates are posted on the league website, http://www.mshsl.org/winter-2021-state- tournament-overview