Wrenshall school board meets Wednesday for discussion
Investigation update agenda item replaced with superintendent evaluation
September 3, 2021
The Wrenshall school board will have its committee of the whole meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8 at the school. The meeting is open to the public and includes a host of issues up for discussion, which is all board members can do at such committee meetings. The agenda includes back to school and construction update matters.
The board removed an item about discussion of an investigation the board approved of last week regarding the ethical conduct of one of its members at a special meeting Aug. 31 regarding Covid-19 policies at the school. That discussion item was replaced by an item regarding an evaluation of Superintendent Kim Belcastro, which she requested be held in an open meeting rather than behind closed doors. The agenda is as follows:
Wrenshall ISD 100 School Board
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING / SUPERINTENDENT EVALUATION
Wednesday, September 8, 2021 – 6:00 p.m.
Wrenshall School Commons
Adjusted Committee of the Whole Agenda
1. Board Chair Eudy to open meeting stating the desire to amend the agenda (as shown) to include Superintendent Evaluation in a closed session but Superintendent Belcastro has requested the meeting stay open for the evaluation. Roll call vote: Eudy and Belcastro.
2. Board Chair Eudy requests Board roll call vote to adopt Adjusted Agenda.
3. First Day of School.
4. Enrollment Update.
5. Paul DeVall – Strengthening Families Program.
6. Building Concerns.
7. Guest speaker: Denise North, Social Studies teacher.
8. Report: Webster, WI school district CTE facility tour.
9. Phase III Update.
10. Back to School SAFE Plan Update.
11. Discussion to set January 2022 Organizational Meeting
12. Review of Board Committee Assignments
14. Public Comment – limited to 4 minutes each.
15. Superintendent Evaluation – no public comment allowed during this portion of the meeting.
• Monday, September 13, 2021, 6:00 p.m. School Board meeting.
• Special Board Meeting on September 23, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. to award the sale of the Bonds.