Pine Knot News - A hometown newspaper with a local office, local owners & lots of local news

Compost leftovers, and other transfer station services


January 4, 2019

Don’t throw your leftovers away, compost them. Those who don’t compost at home can utilize the food waste drop site at the Carlton County Transfer station. Food waste should be collected in a compostable bag (available free from the cashier).

The Carlton County Transfer Station offers solid waste disposal and recycling services to Carlton County residents. Disposal services available for a fee include household garbage and construction/demolition material. Recycling services for a fee include mattresses, brush, tires, electronics, appliances, and scrap metal. Recycling services for free include household recyclables, food waste, grass and yard clippings, oil and oil filters, antifreeze, batteries, fluorescent bulbs, and medical sharps. The household hazardous waste facility is closed for the season and will open again May 7.

Area residents with questions about the Transfer Station can call the Zoning and Environmental Services Office at (218) 384-9176. For more information visit


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018