A hometown newspaper with a local office, local owners & lots of local news

Funding for dislocated workers

Residents of Carlton County are eligible to apply for dislocated worker funding. This funding can be life-changing for people who have been laid off from a job and need a way to recover lost wages and benefits, according to JET, which serves adults, dislocated workers, public assistance recipients, and youth ages 14.

Applicants must have been on Unemployment Insurance sometime in the past year to be considered. Funding can be used to assist with training and job search expenses such as help paying tuition for a 2-year degree or the last two years of a bachelor’s degree and short-term training....