Alternatives abound for modified Memorial Day
May 22, 2020
The national VFW Auxiliary website offers a number of ways to commemorate Memorial Day while maintaining social distancing this year, including the following:
Fly the American flag.
• Make signs to hang on your door thanking the military.
• Hang a “Buddy” poppy wreath on your front door.
• Have food delivered or leave groceries at someone’s door.
• Mow a veteran’s lawn or do other yard work for them.
• Send a card or letter to a hospitalized or homebound veteran.
• Call service members and veterans to say thank you.
• Place flowers and flags at gravesites.
• Share wh...